In today’s fast moving world when everyone is chasing the money and have no time for the health, the diseases are inevitable. Nowadays, we are hearing about the name of the diseases which were not even existed 5 to 10 years before. These new diseases created a number of new treatments and medicines, and almost all of these treatments are having their side effects. That is the reason now people are looking for a natural, herbal way of curing the disease.
These days, it is quite uncommon to depend solely on one type of medicine. Diagnostic testing, surgery, and prescription medicine can all save lives in life-threatening situations and are not denied by even the staunchest herbalist. Even western medical doctors will agree that alternative herbal medicine has a useful role in the prevention and management of many diseases. In fact, the majority of common prescription medication used today are actually derived from, or chemical copies of, plants.
Speaking with your doctor is an important aspect of maintaining a safe alternative herbal medicine routine. The medical ailment of each individual person evolves over time. Certain parts of these medicine could have negative reactions with a prescription drug, and there could also be contra-indications. That is why your primary care physician should be made aware of any alternative herbal treatments you are using. You should make every effort to inform your doctor of your use of this type of medicine before you begin any type of new treatment, and not wait until a more serious illness or injury occurs.
Be Aware of Safety Precautions in Alternative Herbal Medicine Use
One of the most important aspects of alternative herbal medicine is to have a trusted supply source. This industry is poorly regulated, particularly in developing countries. There is no way to analyze the ingredients in pills and tablets before you use them, so do some research on different brands and when you find a trustworthy one stick to it. Plant extracts from unknown manufacturers, as well as unscrupulous distribution practices should be avoided as they pose a great health risk to customers, as well as add to the bad reputation of this ancient practice of medicine.
Continuing with self-medication with alternative herbal medicine when symptoms remain for more than a few days is another common mistake made by users. Tests and follow up treatment may be necessary, so it is important to follow up with your doctor even if the herbal treatments provide relief from your symptoms. Your doctor should make note in your file of any herbal remedies you are using or have used in the past, even if he or she did not initially recommend the use of alternative herbal medicine. This information could prove extremely relevant and useful in the event of a future ailment, and will also help your doctor to avoid causing you any harsh reactions between herbs and prescription drugs. These precautions may seem bothersome, but they are necessary when blending alternative herbal medicine into your overall health maintenance.
Need more information about alternative herbal medicine? Then head over to www.mf3shop.com. It is a fast growing social networking site strictly devoted to herbal remedies, holistic healing and anything to do that is natural and healthy. It’s completely free to use and anyone can join!
The medicinal properties of herbs and plants are now gaining popularity as an alternative to expensive synthetic drugs. Originally, oriental countries like China and Japan are known to study the medicinal properties of plants and incorporating it into their daily lifestyle. Even Asian countries, like Philippines, are using herbal medicines in alleviating common health problems, as well as supplements to maintain proper health.
Different Therapies Of Herbal Medicines
There are different modes of therapy in using herbal medicines, and these are:
1. Perspiration Herbal Therapy. It is a proven fact the perspiring can help alleviate illness and infections in the human body. People who are suffering from colds and flu is usually treated by drinking hot herbal tea and a hot bath. Aside from using green tea leaves, other perspiration-inducing plants are peppermint, ginger, cayenne, and so on.
2. Stimulation Herbal Therapy. Many ancient and modern herbal experts believe that illness and disease are caused by the disrupted flow of energy in the human body; such as nerves, lymph, blood, nutrients and human wastes inside the body. Using herbs can correct the energy flow and promote proper body function, which includes black pepper, ginger, garlic cloves, and so on.
3. Diuretic Herbal Therapy. Many herbalists believe that water is the most important nutrient in our body, and scientific facts have proven that to be true. There should be water balance and proper regulation to avoid illnesses. Plants with water balancing properties are juniper berries, dandelions, and horsetail.
4. Tranquilization Herbal Therapy. Herbs like mushroom roots, valerian, and oats are believed to possess tranquilization properties that can cure nervousness, insomnia, irritability, and other mind-based problems.
5. Tonic Herbal Therapy. Herbalist will often advise tonification herbal remedies when they feel week and worn out. This method will improve nutritional deficiencies in the body by taking in herbal products rich in vitamins and minerals. Common tonification herbal medicines include seaweeds and alfalfa.
Taking In Proper Dosage
It is true that herbal medicines are very helpful to the human body, but that is not always the case. Self-medication, even with herbal medications, can cause problems instead of curing them. Before taking in herbals products, it is recommended that you consult your doctor or physician first.
Always stick to the correct dosage when taking in herbal medicines. Thinking that doubling the dose will cure you faster is a misconception. Proper dosage and a healthy diet can benefit your body greatly, as well as exercising caution.